Monday, September 22, 2008

The good, the bad and the ugly!

The good
Many pupils arrive for their Saturday volunteer work. Slowly, slowly I am collecting the term 1 and 2 report cards for 2008. Meanwhile I get to visit with each kid; we talk about how to improve (much like I did with our own kids!). Then in the afternoon Richard and I attend the Kalomo High School (KHS) Church of Christ graduation party. So much fun with speeches, dancing and food. ZMF-C kids have done so well and they are SO GRATEFUL for their sponsorship. Thank you sponsors! Photo below – KHS graduation party. A lot of toilet paper goes into these fancy decorations!
The bad
Hezron (KHS) is sick this week. He’s been fighting bilharzia for a few months. He has a follow up appointment in Zimba in October and I shall accompany him to hospital so I can get the lowdown on what is happening with him. They now say he has a growth on his kidney? Timmy (NCSS) is sick and so I’ll need to catch up with him tomorrow.

Also, last night there was a riot at Kalomo High school and several kids (boys) are now in jail, but not our ZMF-C kids. There are over 1000 kids at this boarding school. The days have been extremely hot, exam schedules are out so tension has been building. Some of those in jail are grade 12’s who will not get to write their final exams. So bad, so sad.

The ugly
I really like the Mbumwae dogs, Tripod and Tarra, but I really do not like the cat. It is very stupid! This morning, a couple of hours before the kids arrived, while I was doing some cleaning and organizing, I found that the cat had dragged a half eaten kitten onto the bathroom window ledge. I thought the dogs had done the damage, but now since I found the cat eating the brains of another kitten tonight, I think it was the mother cat who is the killer. I gave the cat a whack with the broom and Richard buried the second kitten today! Sick animal! Stupid thing! Richard and I killed a rat in the house earlier this week, so the cat is really dumb, it’s not earning its keep at all!

No comments:

RE:Socks new design

Dear manager, I hope you have an amazing day! This is Forrest from Professional sock production factory. Our as a leading manufacturer...