Monday, October 8, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! - Tiffy, Tim, Tori, Aaron, Lorraine, Krista, Sharon, Grandpa, Uncle Dave, Dwight, Lane, Nolan, Wendy, Bill, Erin, Kristian, Joan, Steve, Kathi, Ruhtt, Shepherd, Melina, Manuel, Miguel... anyone else?

Hope you enjoy your turkey! I will pull a chicken out of the freezer and roast it so that we have our own Canadian thanksgiving. I don't have any pumpkin, but I do have squash! I have farm milk, but I'm not sure how good I can skim off the top for some cream to make into whip cream--but I should try!

This morning the dogs started barking at about 0520 and wouldn't stop. Finally, we dragged ourselves out of bed to see the cows in the neighbour's yard! It's a good thing we have guard dogs! The temperature this morning at 0620 is 25 celsius; I think it'll be another hot one. We had clouds and rain about a week ago, but the clouds have become less frequent!

Terry is staying home today because he is not well; he has a bad sore throat and we started him on antibiotics yesterday. It's good that I use as much Jik (bleach) as I do! It's hard not to catch bugs here due to the extreme heat, dryness and wind. The guys work very hard Monday to Friday, so it's easy to get worn out!

We watched a good DVD last night "Faith like Potatoes". We've all read the book in this household and now we've finished it off with the video. It's about a Zambian/Scots farmer who becomes a Christian. It shows how life changes for him, his family and his whole community. It's a true story and very moving. It's all about faith and prayer and a solid relationship with Jesus. Things don't just "happen", they happen because God is in control.

Well I best get on with the day and finish a few house chores before moving on to the "list".
Love to all and Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your day off! Enjoy each other!

No comments:

RE:Socks new design

Dear manager, I hope you have an amazing day! This is Forrest from Professional sock production factory. Our as a leading manufacturer...