Thursday, October 25, 2007

Febby & Robson

Febby is a mother of nine children who lives out in the bush. She is here with us because she is waiting for a ride home. ZMF-C is building a school building in their bush community and yesterday, after delivering building materials to the site, she caught a ride back with me. She was sick and needed to go to the clinic. Their nearest clinic is close to where we live, about 35km from their home.

She and her husband, Robson, are the main leaders at the Lobombo church. We attended there last Sunday, and I had the opportunity to preach. They are eager to hear from visitors, but I am convinced that my real purpose in being in those situations is so that God can use their lives to mold and change mine. This couple is very poor and they live off the land, yet they accomplish so much for the Lord. They live in a small two-roomed brick house with a dirt floor. It might have 150 square feet. There is no glass for the windows, no electricity, and no plumbing. When I picked up Febby, she insisted that I come into her home and sit and pray with them.

Febby has started a program to help the orphans, widows, and sick in her bush community. She formed a group of about twenty people who got a loan to begin an egg program. They will keep fifty chickens (layers) and sell the eggs for a profit. However, all of the men except for her husband dropped out of the project when they found out that it was a loan that needed to be repaid. Even after a profit is made, there is no money in it for the workers. All of the money will be used to help the needy. She is concerned about those who are dropping out, but she said, "I prayed to God and told him to bring it to me. Even if I am the only one left I will do it because God will bless." And God will bless. This project will succeed because of Febby's faith in our Lord. God will bless the needy, Febby will rejoice, and our Lord's name will be honoured. New people will come to know our Lord.

This is the real reason that I am in Zambia! God has brought me here to build my faith. He is a God who is alive and active! He wants to be involved in my day to day activities! I have been blessed by the faith of these Zambians.

Love,
Rich

No comments:

RE:Socks new design

Dear manager, I hope you have an amazing day! This is Forrest from Professional sock production factory. Our as a leading manufacturer...