Thursday, October 4, 2007

Poor Richard—So Needy!

Today I need to contact the building inspector to get him to come out an inspect the work on the school at Siabalumbi. I need to take some building materials to Siabalumbi, and I need to get a list of supplies that they need for the next stage of construction. I need to take Gideon, a carpenter to Katungu so that he can give us an estimate on putting the roof on the duplex, and an estimate for the painting and the carpentry work. While at Katungu, builders will be asking for wages, and I need to find out what planks they need for forming and for scaffold. Oh, I must stop in Kalomo before going there to get them more rolls of brickforce wire. I need to stop at immigration to see if we have any better news. Yesterday, we travelled to Livingstone to begin the process for our three month extension, but we can away frustrated and empty-handed. I need to call British Airways to see if I can get a change to the flights of our Calgary bricklayers. I need to call Zamtel back; they called yesterday while we were in Livingstone. I need to check with Omas at the farm and get information on diesel usage for accounting purposes. I need to arrange for transport of the trusses for the school at Siabalumbi. I need to go to the farm and do an inventory of the materials that are in storage. AND WE MUST got the Kalomo High School to follow up on Obert.

Will it all get done? I wonder what Mom has on her list. Each day brings its surprises and what was intended is often left behind. Yesterday, as we entered Kalomo on our way home from Livingstone, we were stopped by Richard Jabinika. His mother had just passed away, and he asked us for help to supply a coffin. We will do that for him. He is also one of our former sponsored students, and he now runs an excellent preschool at the farm.

Well, I need to have some breakfast so that I can get my day started.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Rich and Sue, Please let Richard know that we at Southside in Lawrence are praying for him. We are praying for you, too. Thanks for a wonderful description of a regular day in Zambia. Love, Marti

Michelle said...

Hi Richard and Sue: We think of you often. The leaves are falling now and all the lawn mowers with mulchers and baggers are a whir. We are considering the large fan rakes at Superstore -- $9.98 each -- 6 of them! I think rice pudding is a treat. The struggles there are immense, but every effort is worthwhile. We will pray for your health and strength. Love the Bruce's.

RE:Socks new design

Dear manager, I hope you have an amazing day! This is Forrest from Professional sock production factory. Our as a leading manufacturer...