Thursday, August 2, 2012

Promises

Each morning I look forward to sitting on the verandah to watch the sun come up. While drinking my 3/4 cup of instant coffee I spend time in God's word. Recently, I've been reading (again) Nehemiah. This morning I am reading about the promises made by God's people - we promise to...we agree to...we'll bring the best of our....even oldest sons and firstborn of the flocks, share the gathering of wood, let the land rest on the 7th year...

and the last words of the chapter: "we promise TOGETHER to not neglect the Temple of OUR God.

I'm so grateful that Nehemiah is one of the books of God's word and I look forward to one day meeting him face to face. He was a dedicated, prayerful, diligent, astute leader.

Besides getting great pleasure in watching the sun rise over the horizon each morning I find great satisfaction in spending these few quiet moments with God and His people.

Have a great day in the Lord!

No comments:

RE:Socks new design

Dear manager, I hope you have an amazing day! This is Forrest from Professional sock production factory. Our as a leading manufacturer...