Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Week Ends - A Week Begins

Today we went to Simakakata for church. Simakakata is a community where many blind and disabled folks live. We love going to Simakakata and are always warmly greeted! This morning our sponsored student, Steward, the choirmaster for Namwianga Secondary, wanted to come along with us and bring his choir! Steward is a grade 11 student, a double-orphan from a very poor community not far from here. He has flourished and become such a confident young man in this secondary school. Praise God. The other students really respect him and he is so full of integrity! So, we said, "Yes, of course!" I’m not sure of the count, but we more than tripled the little Simakakata congregation! The choir sang about six songs and then a quartet! made up of eight male singers ended off the program. We are ever so grateful to share with these students who are always expressing their gratitude at receiving sponsorship from you.

Today I received a letter from from Mvwula Hajaya, a grade 11 sponsored student at Namwianga Secondary. It says this: “First and foremost I declare glory and honour to God the author of life. I am very grateful for the love that God expresses to me through you Canadian people”.

Mvwula is a village boy who has scored among the very best of all grade 11’s at this secondary school of approximately 450 students! He does not take the opportunity of this education for granted in any way. He is a very serious student with a great smile!

Well, it's bedtime. It’s best to go to bed early here because you don’t want to miss the coolness of the morning, i.e. 05:30!

Love to all and enjoy the blessings of your week!
Sue and Richard

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm just catching up on reading your blog. Thank you so much for writing and for including pictures. I love to read about the places I've been and I can almost hear the singing. I am longing for my next visit to Zambia.

RE:Socks new design

Dear manager, I hope you have an amazing day! This is Forrest from Professional sock production factory. Our as a leading manufacturer...