Friday, January 25, 2008

Hope for Tomorrow Update - 2008

Dear Sponsors of the Hope for Tomorrow patients

Greetings to you all! I hope this all finds you well in your life and in your service to our Lord.

Thank you again for your partnership with these patients and their families. I hope you realize the difference you are making in their lives. As Stephen Lewis says, the Lazarus effect happens when these folks are able to start on the ARV medications. We also know that God who is the giver of all, including healing, has much to do with the improvements for these ones!

Florence and Sibeso
Florence seems to have her ups and downs. When I saw her two weeks ago she was on the way to the clinic for her ongoing problem of heart palpitations. She continues to need our prayers! Sibeso is an energetic four year old with a smile that can melt a heart! Florence will be off the program in May 2008.

Judith Muyani
This is one I need to check on before I leave Zambia in three weeks time! She has struggled with TB and has been slow to regain her strength. Judith will remain in the program until she is stronger.

Muna Lubaya
Muna lives at Bbello. Tiffany and the girls try to go to Bbello on Thursday to work with the under-five baby clinic, but due to rains the road was impassable, so they were unable to visit Muna. Many villages are experiencing hunger right now; Bbello is one of them. We need to get Muna a large bag of high protein food before we leave so he will not be one of the hungry ones. Muna will remain in the program until he is able to look after himself.

Caral
She is doing well. She always greets me with the hugest smile. She lives with an aunt and uncle who are very caring. The aunt is helping her with her business plan. She will be off the program in May 2008.

Kelvin
He is still in the village. Our attempts to get him into the hospice have failed because the family is hesitant to bring him to us. I would like to try again sometime, but it won't happen before we leave. He will remain in the program.

Lemmy, Alice and Lucia
I call them our poster patients! These three have been very diligent and cooperative to get into Chodort Training centre (a training centre for carpentry, tailoring and computer skills). We have rented a three-bedroom house in Choma, complete with electricity and water. It is within walking distance of Chodort. (look up Chodort on the internet) I had them devise a food budget so that they could ensure their health is maintained. They will get their monthly food allowance from Mr. Thomas, the program manager. As I left Lemmy with the other students, I felt like I was leaving one of my boys! I had a lump in my throat and was so proud to see him shyly join the other apprentices! This will be a major stepping stone for these three patients and will make a big difference for the rest of their lives! Thank you sponsors! Please continue to sponsor these ones until graduation in December 2008!

Agness, Jelina, Joyce and Stella
These ladies are all working on their income generating plans; I will review the plans before I leave Zambia. These ladies are all in good hands with the nurses. They will no longer require sponsorship after April 2008.

Elizabeth
We purchased a treadle pump for her with some of our general purpose funds. She will have it delivered the week after next. She will no longer need sponsorship after April 2008.

I have been so impressed with the gentleness and the gratitude of these people. I pass along their thankfulness; I wish you could be here to receive it yourself!

Some of you will not be sponsoring after April 2008. If you still wish to support this program the nurses, Tebia and Fortune will continue to have some money in order to help a few other patients. They have asked to enrol some more individuals, but I've tried to keep the work load down for them; they are both very busy ladies. Tebia mentions that she really likes the Canadian program because there are goals to have the patients become independent.

If you wish to continue to sponsor then please advise me directly and I will communicate that to the nurses.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me or phone me after March 1, 2008. (306-543-0502)

Sue Krogsgaard
suekrogs@sasktel.net

No comments:

RE:Socks new design

Dear manager, I hope you have an amazing day! This is Forrest from Professional sock production factory. Our as a leading manufacturer...